BD Nexiva Closed IV Catheter - Yellow 24G x 20
BD Nexiva, is the first of its kind, all-in-one system designed to reduce insertion attempts for first-stick success. The system also reduces exposure to blood though the closed blood-containment system.
The Nexiva Closed IV Catheter involves the following technology:
• BD Q-Syte Luer Access Split Septum - A testament to the power of simplicity. Its minimal design offers maximum benefits, including high flow rates, exceptional reliability, clear visibility and cleanability.
• Dual Access - A second port allows for simultaneous administration of compatible fluids and medications near the insertion site. A second BD Q-Syte device is included in the package.
• All-in-One Closed System - The pre-assembled system creates a closed single lumen fluid path, designed to minimize blood leakage from the catheter hub, and the potential for contamination and exposure to blood.
• Built-in Stabilization Device - A soft, flexible stabilization platform is integrated within the catheter system. It is designed for stability and comfort, and to minimize catheter movement in the vessel, as well as irritation to the vessel.
• BD Instaflash Needle Technology - Designed to reduce hit-and-miss insertion by confirming the vessel entry, enabling you to stay focused on the insertion site.